Deep Cleaning House – In countries with four seasons, spring is perhaps the best season to clean the house. After coming from weeks of cold autumn and another set of weeks in freezing winter weather, the natural tendency for the world to recover is to blossom with spring. And with that, spring cleaning ensues.
According to Wikipedia, spring cleaning refers to the practice of deep cleaning a house during the springtime. It is a practice that’s prevalent in places with a cold winter season. Deep cleaning is more than surface cleaning, though, as it encompasses a certain level of intensity in the upkeep of a home.
Importance Of Deep Cleaning
Deep cleaning during warmer weather means fewer chances of mold, mildew, or other types of allergies forming. You have to ensure that your home is adequately disinfected at all times to get rid of viruses, bacteria, and other harmful microorganisms. The process will also help save money by avoiding expensive repairs and replacements
Take a quick look at the other benefits of deep cleaning:
- Avoid the spread of infection.
- Prolong the lifespan of your furniture and appliances.
- Assess the condition of your home systems, like HVAC, plumbing, fire, and security systems.
Tips On Basic Deep Cleaning Methods
Experts like SwiftClean cleaning services companies would highlight the importance of general cleaning to ensure your family’s health and safety, especially during this pandemic.
Here are a few tips on how to get started:
1. Start Cleaning Your Carpets
If you want to know how to clean your home every spring, then you need to start cleaning all carpets as early as April. If you have any rugs or rug stains that need to get to, you will want to get them out. Make sure they dry out completely before putting them back in.
Also, try to get rid of any loose carpets or rugs that need replacing. Don’t forget to vacuum any loose dirt and debris from all areas of the home that were accumulated due to these textiles on the floor.
2. Clean Hard Surfaces
As soon as the snow has melted, you could take a deep cleaning cloth to all the corners and around all the doors. Once this is done, it’s time to clean the walls, ceilings, flooring, and other hard surfaces. The essential part to clean is the floors in your home.
Take a look at the following tips when cleaning hard surfaces:
- Always follow the instructions on the cleaning agent’s label before using to ensure that the chemicals won’t damage the hard surface, such as discoloration.
- The best tool to use when cleaning hard surfaces include sponges and microfiber cloths.
- Hard surfaces, like hardwood floors, should be polished for a shiny and clean look.
3. Clean Your Windows
Springtime means having beautiful weather, which is also a perfect time to remodel your kitchen, bathroom, or any part of your house. It’s also a good time for cleaning windows.
There are several tips to follow to make sure your home windows stay beautiful:
- Clean them by using a window-specific cleaning solution. If you live in an area that tends to get quite warm in the spring, you may want to use window cleaners for the winter months.
- You can also clean window glass by using a steam cleaner with jets that are intended to pull dirt and grime from the glass. This can work quite well if you have windows that are not stained or dented.
- The third way to clean window glass is to simply wipe everything down with a damp sponge. You will want to use a sponge designed for cleaning up stains. You shouldn’t use regular sponges as this can damage your window surface. If you use regular sponges, you may end up scratching the glass. Using a damp sponge, you can easily wipe off the dirt that can damage your windows.
4. Clean Your Refrigerator
Firstly, you need to take a look at the condition of the refrigerator itself. If it’s not working properly, it will be harder for it to maintain the proper temperature to keep food fresh. If you find anything that might have been missed, check right away before you try to clean the rest of your appliance.
Here are added tips on how to clean your fridge:
- Make sure there are no leaks anywhere on the doors. Or, the shelves and that the water pipes and other parts are all intact.
- Check the condensation in the corners of the fridge.
- Make sure that the refrigerant pipes are also in good shape and working properly. If you do find that they’re leaking, you might want to call it in for service repairs before deciding to replace the whole thing.
- Take the time to give it a nice polish and protect it from damage. Use an appropriate cleaning product to keep it looking great and have it look like new again.
5. Clean Inside Cabinets
When cleaning inside cabinets, it’s necessary to be thorough before using a vacuum cleaner to suck out the dirt inside of them. For cabinets big or small, inspect all knobs and hinges to see if they’re still working. Clean for any evidence of rust once you encounter one item that gets stuck with its movement. Handles should also be checked since they could easily come loose with overuse.
Cleaning cabinets made of different materials would entail various methods of cleaning as well. Steel cabinets require a stronger cleaning solution, while more fragile ones, such as those made of wood or other raw material, might need lighter solutions. Painted and varnished cabinets might also suffer from cleaning agents with high acidity or alcohol. So, check before using them for cleaning.
Related: Home Cleaning Checklist
Sweep It All Up
Deep cleaning your house during spring might not be your top-of-mind activity once the sun is out and the flowers are blooming. While it’s tempting to take it easy during this lovely time of the year, it’s also the perfect season to sweep all dirt up—and more.
Deep cleaning house entails a thorough inspection of all parts of your home, making sure things still work. Looking for areas that need thorough cleaning would be ideal, and you can start your session with these spots. It’s crucial to maintain the upkeep of one’s home anyway. Therefore, giving yours a good deep cleaning shows you care about your abode.